my son has a throwing up problem is there any thing i can do itryed over 4 formulas hes on soy based right know nothing seems to be working I NEED HELP.

My sons been throwing up since he was 2 months old i dont know why i tryed everything from enfamil to dsimilac to soy to just the regularvand nothing seems to help any tips or answers would help alot thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like reflux, my son had it really bad. I used to mix the powdered formula and a small amount of rice cereal together in the bottle at each feeding and that seemed to help. My pediatrician recommended it when we was only a few weeks old.
    mrsyoung08

Answer by mrsyoung08 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You need to see your pediatrician and see what they say first. You should also discuss how much he should be getting at each feeding. For a 2 month old, 3-4 oz./feeding is plenty. You also want to make sure he is burping every 1-2 oz.
    Anonymous

• My youngest son had reflux, and I was nursing him, and the doctor tried to tell me to pump my milk and put it in a bottle with cereal. I wasn't comfortable with that, so here are some things that we tried and his spitting up improved about 75%. We put a telephone book under the head of his crib to prop him up. After feeding him, I propped him up in his bouncy seat or car seat for 30 minutes, and didn't put him on his tummy for about 45 minutes after a feeding. He went from spitting up 8 times a day to about 3 times a day when we tried these little changes. He outgrew it entirely by the time he was 6 months old.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My 1st daughter had reflux. It was terrible. I don't there was a day that would go by that I wasn't covered in baby puke before I walked out the door. I tried all the formulas and cereal in the bottles, medicine perscribed by the doctor but nothing seemed to work. I agree with Bethsunshine, try propping him up after feedings and also what seemed to work for me was liquid formula not the powder with a little cereal. The liquid is a little thicker which helped. This is something that he will grow out of. My daughter was about 9 months, so there is light at the end of the tunnel!
    bbgirls5

Answer by bbgirls5 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my daughter is the same way with reflux but she is only 1mth old and shes been like this sence she was born even when i was breastfeeding her. i put her on a bottle at 1week old and then the doc told me to add some cereal(rice)up to 2tsp in her bottle(4oz)but she only gets 3oz at a feeding.she is on similac alimentum(hypoallergenic)and they said to try "gripe water"(yes it really works) "gripe water" is for colic,acid reflux and helps with teething(so the box says) my daughter is a different child now even tho she MIGHT spitup alil everynow and then.
    sweetness--

Answer by sweetness-- at 2:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My twins were allergic to milk based formula,and threw up ALOT! We had to switch them to Nutramigin.Its an Enfimil product. Its also very expensive. You should ask your dr. about it.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 5:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Mine did the same thing he was put on a soy formula and untill he started sitting up he spit up the dr explained that there is something ontop of the esophagus that wasn't closing properly.
    Pghpagirl

Answer by Pghpagirl at 5:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Consult your physician first, but a good natural remedy to dealing with reflux is to brew a cup of catnip tea and give it to your son through a medicine dropper. You can also mix it in with his formula. If you are unsure about it, please don't do it.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 7:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008