where you pregnany with multiples and didn't know?

I was pregnant with triplets and had no idea. i had a quicky U/S at 8 weeks and they didn't catch it. i was pretty big pretty early and everyone thought twins. twins run HEAVILY in my family. i had my one real U/S at 22 weeks and nobody said anything. when i went into labor at exactly 40 weeks i had THREE bags of water. the nurse said it happens. then i was talking to a nurse friend and she said that means three separate eggs fertilized and implanted. does anyone know? all that was left of the other two embryos was the bag of water.

trepsica

Asked by trepsica at 11:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my goodness... how did they miss it??? didnt they do a proper ultra sound???
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• so did you only have one baby or did you have three
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i only had one that carried to term, but my friend who is a nurse said three bags of water means that at some point during the pregnancy i was carrying triplets.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• thats interesting. i wish i knew the answer
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• huh that's weird. I wondered the same thing about me earlier as I was HUGE early on and now I'm measuring small.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2008