what should I do if I am married and don't want to stay in the marriage but my husband does

We have been married for 2yrs, but been together for 6yrs and we have two kids together but I feel that I don't love him anymore and want to break it off but I'm afraid that he will take off and not care about leaving his kids for good

Bobbi609

Asked by Bobbi609 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• i think you should listen to your heart over all. u cant stay with someone and be unhappy just because you are worried about things like that. not that they arent things you should be worried about, because they are. but do what you feel is right in your heart and all the rest will be okay.
    shlbybby

Answer by shlbybby at 2:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If you are not happy then maybe the first step should be to seperate for 6 months or so and try marriage counciling. If he really wants the marriage to work he will go. Most churches and mental health facilities offer marriage counciling and even at imcome based prices. After the break and counciling the answers might become more clear. Good luck!
    natalie1986

Answer by natalie1986 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You first need to find the reason that you feel this way. Is it something that you can work through? Marriage isn't all high points. Some marriages hit that point where you feel I am tired of this but try to get counciling.
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Maybe if you two went to a good counselor, you'll fall in love again with him.I divorced my first husband.It really messed my kids up.So I think you should try really hard to work it out, if you can.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Im going through the same thing right now. I have been married for 3 years this November but I am no longer in love with my husband. He is a fantastic man and any woman would be lucky to have him, but we've just seemed to grow apart from one another. He wants to work it out but I am pretty much done with the whole thing. Its tough, but follow your heart. You only live once.
    Niveya

Answer by Niveya at 5:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2008