how can i learn to use my own advice and keep my cool with the step kids?

I have always been good with kids i though. i never lost my temper, never yelled, was always ready for fun activities but now that i have two step kids it seems like all i do is yell. i don;t want to be that mom. it seems like with any other kids i can keep my cool. and when other people vent i always have an answer but i can't get myself to stay calm and not yell. the little one ashlee hates me and that makes it even harder... i am lost

chacha101

Asked by chacha101 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• its hard and sometimes us other step mom's do it too! I don't mean to but some times i am harder on my SD than i am my kids. Sometimes you just have to stop and think and breathe before you talk to them. Remember how she acts is because of her mom too. they like to push buttons.
    good luck
    Anonymous