games to play with a 1 year old

my son is 13 months old. How old before I can let him play with crayons. He loves peek-a-boo, reading books, tag, and such. But what are some big boy games that would be safe to introduce?

artsmak87

Asked by artsmak87 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 14 m/o still eats the crayons... :\ we do a lot of london bridge, ring around the rosie, and basically just her learning what I do around the house - putting stuff away, cooking, folding clothes, etc.
    bMastives

Answer by bMastives at 11:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i didnt' start letting my son start with crayons until recently, about 20 months. every day it's a hassle telling him "COLOR ONLY THE PAPER, NOT MOMMY'S COUCH OR WALLS!!!" omg i think i'm going to go crazy with those dang things! as for games, i just play with his toys with him, and toss the ball around with him.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• we just recently got our DD too games from walmart, one was a cow bowling made by fisher price...it has these old fashion milk bottle that your bowl down with a round cow that makes funny noises everytime it moves, she loves that. And the other one is a whack a mole tower, it has a long tower and at the bottome is a mole that you whack and it send a lil toy flying til it hits a bell...it also lights up and make cute moises. The hitting can get a lil irratating lol. But DD loves them both...both also under $20!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Try making a diamond with your legs and roll the ball back and forth. Also if you like the bowling game but don't want to pay the price then save your milk jugs or cartons or apple juice jugs and then bowl a ball into them. Just turn on the music and dance!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 8:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My 20 month old still eats crayons... when she was that age we rolled the ball back and forth, itsy bitsy spider was a big one...still is now she's trying to do the finger moves with it. ...that's all I can think of right now
    unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 2:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008