Would you let dh's ex wife and dh come to your house on X-Mas Eve?

We have my oldest skids this year, due to alot of different circumstances dh's ex-wife has not spent any kind of X-mas with the kids in 4 years. We invited them to our house for X-Mas eve with her new dh to spend the day with the kids and do dinner. Would you let them come over or are we nuts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Holidays

• I think it is very generous and kind of you to invite them over so she can spend the holiday with her children! that's what the holiday is about! being kind to others!

don't let anyone tell you that you are nuts!!!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• As long as you all are civil and get along then sure.
    Anonymous

• I agree that it is very generous and kind. Your stepkids are very lucky to have you!
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 11:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think if you are all civil there's nothing wrong with it. I get along great with my ex and his girlfriend of 5 years....we have birthday parties and stuff together. I think it's great to show the kids that you don't "not like eachother" and that you can all get along. I think it's something that the kids will enjoy and that's what's most important.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I personally wouldn't because I hate my ex. but if you are all comfortable about this decision I think the kids are very lucky to be part of such a caring family. Merry Christmas to all of you.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Depends on the type of relationship you have with them. It wouldn't bother me because I don't let thing like that bother me anymore. Whatever is best for the kids is what I do. I get along great with my ex and his wife. We all have my daughters best interest in mind and in my opinion I won in the relationship department. His new wife is a stronger person than I was. I couldn't deal with him. LOL. I have a great DH now and we all get along very well. I don't thinks it's weird for you to invite them at all. I think it's great and shows a huge amount of maturity on your part. Some of the oldest mothers don't have that kind of maturity.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    devoll24

Answer by devoll24 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think it's a great idea and shows you're a decent person.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think you are doing a great thing for your step kids. There is nothing better for those kids to know that so many people love them. I had a friend growing up whose parents were divorced but were good friends for her sake. It was amazing.

P.S. If you ever split with your husband, will you marry my ex cause his wife is a BITCH!
    Aubreemom04

Answer by Aubreemom04 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think it's okay. As long as everyone can get along.
    LND

Answer by LND at 6:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think it is wonderful....and I would do it as long as everyone basically got along!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2008