Pregnancy Migraines

So ever since I got Pregnant I've been having migraines. I've probably had 2 my whole life until now. Im 11 wks 2days pregnant and I've had 5 migraines. On every 2 weeks it seems like. I had a terrible one today and Tylenol does not help me. I stayed in bed all day. seriously this is the first time ive been up for more than an hour all day, and its almost midnight. So, any advice on getting through a bad migraine? I cant really sleep all day again. My son is with his father, which is the only reason I was able to "sleep it off". Please help?? I dont even know why im getting these migraines, but I cant get rid of them. Any advice??

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Girl I was in your shoes with my last little guy! I'm sorry to say, but for me it never got any better. In fact the only thing that helped was Phenagren! The Dr even gave me Tylenol with Codine and it didnt help (plus I didnt want to take too much while being preg). The only thing that helped was the phenagren. I know a lot of people dont perfer this but with my pregnancy my Dr told me it was ok, was the Tylenol PM. That helped some. I hope you feel better, oh and another thing that helped me a lot were taking several very warm showers a day! Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i used heat packs on eyes and altered them with cold packs but talk to ur Dr. Have u been diagnosed with migraines before getting pregnant? i had one around the same time that your at to the point that i was in bed for 2 weeks and any light sound or movement hurt severely but by the time my next Dr.'s appointment it was basically gone and the Dr. said if it got any worse they would prescribe something like vicoden ( in a certain dosage) to help but if not diagnosed before pregnancy they would suggest other ways first.

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had 'em too. The dr.put me on meds.
    LND

Answer by LND at 6:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2008