Anyone else have this while pregnant??

Has anyone else has or had bacterial vaginosis. I was diagnosed with it today. In turn caused me to have contractions every 10 min. I was wondering if any other mom's who are currently pregnant had this and if so how can you prevent it from happening again. I have medication for it but just don't want it to come back after this clears up. Oh and I am 23 weeks pregnant. By the way no bashing please I haven't had sex in two months and I only have one partner. I also don't feel the need to hide my identity because I am not ashamed just want some support..

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did, a couple of times. It happened once after they used latex down there which I am allergic too. But also be sure to pee before and after sex, avoid baths especially with bubbles, dont douche as it upsets your natural ph and just clean down there with a warm washcloth! But some women just get it during pregnancy, some dont! Pregnancy does weird weird things to the body lol.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Thank you because I didn't know what to think.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i have the same thing but i dont know because i took med and i came right back. my doc wants me to take another type of med but i dont i want to be takin all these med would it mess with the baby?
    the doc says its ok but i just dont know i mean even if i take it will it come back like it did be fore and i just took the meds for nother and could be harming my baby???
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• They should just be antibiotics they are giving you. If its your ob giving you the meds then dont worry, they will let you know beforehand and of course you can always ask, if there is any potential harm to the baby. But I have had to take a couple diff meds for it and my baby turned out fine, and so far this one is looking just fine as well!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008