am i nuts? lol

I want twins! I know it will never happen. They don't run in my family. I have 2 boys and a step-daughter and i have always wanted 5 kids.
DH only wants me to have one more pregnancy because both my boys were c-sections. He is afraid something bad would happen if we tried it 2 more times. I totally understand where he is coming from but my dream of 5 kids is still there. So i have been dreaming (really at night when i dream!) of twins!
AM I NUTS? LOL
- OH and the 5 kids comes from my mom is the youngest of 5 daddy is the middle of 5 and i am the oldest of 5

lonelymommyof2

Asked by lonelymommyof2 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You're not crazy. You just want what you want...hope it happens for ya!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• your not nuts, I've also wanted twins. DH and I looked into having twins implanted with invitro, changed our minds when we discovered it cost $20,000 lol. I had DD vaginally so I didn't have the same risks that you did, but if I were in your situation where I knew I wanted FIVE kids and only one more pregnancy, I would talk to DH about the invetro, its expensive but the only way to make both parties happy...GL
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No offense, but yes. It is hard! I helped my stepmom with my brother and sister, they are 6 and I am 26, and it was way hard. Many twins are born early so you may have neonatal. They may end up on different schedules, so no sleep. It is hard... Good Luck!
    alalsip

Answer by alalsip at 12:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You're not crazy. I know of a few women that wish for twins. I on the other hand wouldn't be able to handle twins! I've always wanted 4 children. I don't no why but growing up I always dreamed of having two girls and two boys.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Not crazy! I'd love to have twins and they do run in my family! This time there is only one, I'm still thrilled. I'm already trying to talk DH into another pregnancy and I'm only 22 wks with this one lol! Maybe next time =)
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 12:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my 3 kids are 6, 4 and 1. I sat for twins when i was growing up and it wasnt that hard. I watched and helped them grow up.
    -As i said i know it wont happen i just want them! LOL
    And its not so much as the fact of having twins i just want two more but having two more pregnancies could be bad for the body!
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i have twins and it's really not that hard. mine are 4 now both girls. there is a way to have twins but it's very rare. you get pregnant and while your still in your menstrual cycle you have sex to get pregnant again. i know it sounds far fetched but there was a discussion a few days ago about this. i think the question was posted as- can you get pregnant while pregnant. i looked it up and it's possible. there's actually a word for it but it slipped my mind, sorry. look it up, you can find anything online. again i'm not crazy, good luck.
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i looked it up the word is superfecundation. look it up
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• ive ALWAYS wanted twins too..they run in my family..and apparently theyre supposed to skip a generation..so since my mom didnt..and my sisters done having her kids...maybe next time it will be my turn!! I SURE HOPE SO!! it would be hard...but ohhh i think it would be so fun!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I actually ovulate from one ovary every month, but I only ovulate from the other every other month, so I had a good chance of twins, just becuase I release 2 eggs at the same time, and out of 4 pregnancies, I only had singles. But now I have 2 friends, both pregnant with twins. I am very jealous!
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2008