chapped cheeks??

my 5 month old has chapped cheeks what can i do to help them not be so red?

burtney0921

Asked by burtney0921 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Walmart makes an off brand of Eucerin. Its called dry skin cream. Its basically the same thing as cream vaseline. Its very thick. Just put it on his face a couple of times a day. If you can't find it, then just buy the creamy vaseline at the drug store. WIth the dry air, you will have to keep it on there until the weather gets better. Hope that helps/
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Either use a thick moisturizer like Eucerin or Vasaline works too!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 12:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My daughter has eczema so she gets chapped cheeks a lot. Anyway what I do is use plain curel lotion on her cheeks when they are damp, either right out of the bath or during the day I will take washcloth to get them damp, anyway just do that a couple of times a day and it should help!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son has chapped cheeks too. We have been putting Baby aveeno on his and they look better. They are always red though
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Johnson's has a bath/lotion line called soothing naturals that sells a stick that look like deodarant that is for chapped cheeks and it works amazing, plus it smells wonderful. I used to whole set of the soothing naturals for DD...It was my favorite!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I use lanilsol, the same thing for cracked or sore nipples. It works well on chapped lips too!
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 7:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son has a spot on the side of his face by his eye from his eye watering when he is sleeping or napping and I use Eucerin Aquaphor and it seems to work plus the lansinoh brand lanolin for your breast also works!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Just to verify, are they actually chapped or just red? I thought my daughters were chapped because they were bright red, but it turned out she had an infection called Fifth's Disease. It went away after a little while and isn't usually dangerous.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2008