Is this to much of a weight gain??????

When i got pregnant I weighed 144 pounds, when i was about 19 weeks pregnant i weighed 151 pounds and now i am 23 weeks and i weigh 166 pounds. My doctor said I am gaining to much weight or more then he wants me to. Is that to much weight and will It hurt the baby at all??
Also when the measure you is it ok to be bigger than what your suppose to be im suppose to measure 23 but I measured 24???

Mommytobe403

Asked by Mommytobe403 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• drs only want you to gain like 20-25 lbs the whole pregnancy
    i was 110 when i got preggers and 174 when i delivered!
    my baby was 10 lbs and 3 weeks early and i dropped right back down with in 5 months.
    i didnt eat junk either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I was 140 then 183 when I gave birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's normal to measure over a little. It will do that sometimes.
    Anonymous

• Tell your doctor to go to hell.

My doctor did the same thing to me...he ragged on me and ragged on me that I was gaining too much weight...but I was eating super healthy and hardly ate any fast food (maybe a total of 5 times my whole pregnancy). So finally at around 25 or 26 weeks I told him I was not TRYING to gain weight, but that I knew I was eating healthy and i was not going to change that.

(I started out at 140 and ended at 37 weeks weighing 190)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i was 115 b4 i got preggo with my last, weighed in at 198 b4 birth...had her month early at 6,5 lbs. i tried not to eat junk food. my dr wasnt really too concerned about it told him if im hungry im gonna eat deal with it . so as long as you are eating healthy i wouldnt worry to much about it,,,,it could just be water weight. i retained alot of water weight with my last 2 pregnancies
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ive already gained 30 lbs and im only 32 weeks. My doctor said im fine though. as long as the baby and i are healthy that is all that matters. thats what is key. However, what is okay for my body may not be good for your body and vice versa. i would take your drs advice though he knows your body and your babys better than any of us do and better on a medical level.
    just make sure you are eating healthy. :)

have you tried asking him what you can do better if you are already eating healthy.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I gained a pound a week my entire pregnancy (slightly more some weeks, as I ended up gaining a total of 50 pounds). How much you're supposed to gain varies from person to person, depending on your height and what kind of shape your in. Your doctor is probably just concerned because gaining too much weight can be caused by other problems, like gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia.

As far as where you're measuring, as long as you're within a few weeks of where you should be you're fine.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i was 98 lbs before i got pregnant, i gained 40 lbs when i had my daughter, my daughter ended up coming out 8 1/2 lbs, i lost it ALL within the next 2 months, my daughter was 3 months and i was down to 120 lbs, my daughter is now 10 months and I'm back to around 100 lbs, so don't worry about your weight, it usually means that your baby is healthy : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I was 244 on my first pregnancy, and 310 at delivery.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am 250 lbs now,
    and i give birth monday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2008