How do you feel about the show "Extreme Home Makeover"?

Do you feel that they needlessly blow huge amounts of money? Are ALL of the families deserving? Are some of them being rewarded for past bad decisions?

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would imagine that a majority of the families are very deserving. I'm sure a few have made not-so-great decisions in the past, but that doesn't make them any less needy.

I have, however, heard "through the grapevine" that some of the stories were made to sound "better" (or, worse) than they really were.

I do think that they could tone it down a bit. I'm all for giving them the home that they NEED, but some of the stuff they build is outrageous! ABC could do a lot more good with the money they could save on the non-necessities.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i think that a family in need is a family in need regardless of their past.

i love the show.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I always love that they help families in need, but I've always felt that they go overbored and give them everything. They give them better than what I'm living in and I'm working my butt off.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 1:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I love the show. I love the reasons behind the show.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i think they do go far but i think its for a family in need and im sure they appreciate it all.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I always change it. i think some of what they do is totally unnecessary. i'm sure those humble people would be happy with a home that is larger and suits their needs. not extravagant. i think of what the money could be better used for, like starving children, animals, homeless, education etc. i think wasting that kind of money so should a sin.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I record it on my DVR so I fast forward through the over the top bits. I really like the concept but I think that like every other show on TV they exaggerate for ratings purposes. Thank God for DVR's....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think some of the earlier seasons were better - now it seems as if you lose a toe, you get a house.

It's just a big ad for Sears - I mean, no offense, but all the product placement they do during the show? Yikes!

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• To start the show was a good idea but now alot of families are losing their homes due to higher property taxes, mortgages. Not a great move ABC and Sear's.

myzero

Answer by myzero at 6:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• A home builder I do contractual work with got to build a EHM in a city in my state. They paid off the mortgage, and paid up the taxes for a year. So not all leave the people "hanging" with the mortgage/taxes, etc. Their intentions are wonderful. How many people in this nation volunteer to make people's lives better? If more people did it on their own, we wouldn't need a television show to attempt to set an example. So what if Sears gets promo. They are donating $$$$ to help people live better lives. I think it is phenomenal. And it sets a wonderful example of how a community SHOULD work together.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2008