High blood pressure?

I'm on high blood pressure medication, and I'm also 6 months pregnant.. I don't enjoy taking this medication because I'm so afraid that its going to do something/have an effect on my baby.. Does any one know of any maybe natural ways to control the high blood pressure? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks! :]

UhLeeshUh

Asked by UhLeeshUh at 1:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Health

• The only natural things you can do while STILL taking your medication, since you are pregnant, and need to be careful, are eating right and getting as much exercise as possible.

See this link:  http://www.healthcentral.com/high-blood-pressure/c/35150/27625/eating for some simple things you can do to safely lower your blood pressure or at least prevent a further increase in your hypertension.  If you haven't been exercising regularly before you became pregnant, then wait until after you have your baby, and then start incorporating a healthy diet and regular exercise program.  When in doubt, ask your OB/GYN--they are your BEST source for information, as they know your health history!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's better to take the meds than to not take them. The effects of high blood pressure can cause a lot of problems to your baby and his/her health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't. However I do know that if your dr. said it's okay its probably ok. I was on med. for something and was worried to. I ended up with the best baby in the world.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 1:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't plan on getting off of my medication at all. I was just curious if there was a way that I guess I could "supplement" my medication... i.e. foods... exercises... yadda yadda.
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 1:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Theres no natural way when youre pregnant the doctors especially dont believe in that all they believe in is giving you MEDICATION MEDICATION MEDICINE!!!! WITH SIDE AFFECTS:( my obgyn prescribed 500 mg of blood pressure pills and he wanted me to tak ethem every 4 hours!!! It got me really swollen and made me gain 90 pounds! he said if I didnt take them me and my baby can die so its a must, so unfortunetly I did take them and never got my body back:( but my baby was born healthy but with PDD though I think it was the blood pressure pill that gave him PDD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2008