Why do we have to ask for forgiveness every time they sin if when we are saved it is all washed away.?

I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. His blood that was shed covered all of our sins. So.. That is why I ask the question above. PLease only anwser if you are serious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because your new sins are not washed away....When you got saved you asked for all the sins that you have done...not the ones you are going to do in the future. The point of getting saved is to make a fresh start and to go on and try not to sin anymore....even though you will but the goal is to not intentionally do it
    Anonymous

• Because when we wrong or hurt someone it shows respect to go to them, tell them what you have done and ask forgivness. I do this with my children. I have them go to the person they have wronged, ask forgiveness along with saying what it is they are asking forgiveness for.
    We don't ask forgiveness in the same way we do when we repent/confess and believe b/c all our sins are washed away, we are then viewed as righteous in His eyes. It is not to confirm our salvation b/c it might be lost if we don't, it's out of respect for having hurt and/or wronged Him in some way.

Good article: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-sin.html
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Jesus died to become the ultimate blood sacrifice doing away with the old way and becoming a way to have a relationship with God. This relationship was lost in the garden but Jesus gave it back. We still sin each day but instead of having to go make a sacrifice at the temple we became the temple, with Jesus as the once and for all sacrifice. We still have to say were sorry, and ask God to Forgive. Otherwise people could "get saved" lie , steal, murder while they are backslide and still be ok with God. 
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 2:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• because WE have to still take responsability over ourselves and actions it's true he died for all of us and all sins but what good does that do if we never aknowledge our own responsability in it, You still have to ask. Because God is not babying us.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Because when you took the lord as your savior it was not a free pass to say "ok, I'm saved now i can do whatever I want" And yes I believe baptism is KEY to salvation. Afterwards it is your job to walk in his light..you will fail and you must acknowledge those sins and ask to be forgiven. There are some that believe 'once saved always saved' they will be disappointed when they stand in front of him on judgement day when he opens the book of life.
    Anonymous

• When you ask for forgiveness of sins even after you've accepted Jesus into you life you're asking because no one is perfect. We are striving to walk the straight a narrow. So with that being said your admitting to God I messed up, help me in this area of my life so that I can move past this mistake.
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 4:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I don't believe that baptism is necessary for salvation.. if that is the case why did Jesus die if baptism could save us? I do however believe that person does get baptised as a sign of there belief in Christ and that it is symbolic to the washing of our oldself and coming up new...

When you get saved you pray for God to continue his work in you.. you become more and more like him everyday.. However, sin will hinder our relationship.. I mean like if i keep lying after i get saved it will effect my walk so i need to ask God to forgive me for lying and to help change my heart.. he will if you ask... We are not perfected til we go to be with Jesus
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 10:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• why do you have to wash your hands every time you work in the garden? Because each experience is new. Your old sins were washed away; however, new experiences with sin seem to manage to crop back up and get our hands dirty again.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I agree with everyone that has written something. I don't believe you have to get baptised to. I too believe it is a way of showing you have been saved.
    hpygrl

Answer by hpygrl at 1:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I believe that asking for forgiveness is acknowledging our sin.Our sin is the very reason we needed to be saved in the first place.I believe it humbles us before the Lord and says we acknowledge that we needed and still need the pardon God gave us.It keeps us from being proud as for the proud will be judged harshly.It says that we need Him in order to be in the path of righteousness.That's just what I believe though.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2008