do you know the answer to this ebay question?

My sister was having problems with an ebay buyer that sent her a moneyorder even though my sis just excepted paypal, then the lady keeps on threatening my sis that shes going to call authorities that shes taking long to ship her the item but my sis told me she didnt even receive the moneyorder, what can that seller do to her if she paid with a moneyorder from moneygram? can she still get a refund if she cashed it or even if she didnt? what will they do to my sis besides a strike? my sis has paypal and shes afraid for ebay to take that amount out of her account, will they? ? sorry about all the questions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Shopping

• If she didn't get it then the woman obviously didn't send it. It will show on your sis's Ebay that the item was not paid for. She needs to report unpaid item and they will not take from her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If your sister DID cash it though she will get in trouble so she needs to send the item if she received the money from that lady.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• and if shes lying to me that she didnt receive it and actually she did but its a moneyorder can they still take the money from her or get her in trouble?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm worried because we share the same paypal account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• There's where you went wrong. Don't share accounts with anyone other than your SO...and even then you have to be careful. Your sis should report this person and be the first to do so with ebay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Tell the buyer to do a trace on her money order. If it wasn't cashed and she didn't get it then either it got lost in the mail or the buy isn't being truthful.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The buyer should have a proof receipt. Tell your sister if the buyer has thet receipt that she has proof. It's funny that your sister didn't tell her NOT to send the money order in the first place. I think your sister is hiding something. If that woman paid it's wrong not to send her what she paid for regardless of how she paid. Money Orders can be traced and if it turns out the woman did pay your sister, yes Pay Pal can take the money out to give it back to the woman. It's only fair. So you better talk to your sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• 1. Generally, you have no recourse if you pay with instant cash services and the item is not delivered as promised. Sending money through these services is just like sending real cash, and there is no way for you to get your money back if something goes wrong.
    2. There is no eBay coverage. Items paid for through instant cash wire transfer services are not covered by any eBay buyer protection program.
    Correct! Even though Susan needs her items quickly, she should not send money through an instant cash wire transfer service. Sending money through these services is just like sending cash and there is no way for her to get her money back if something goes wrong. Also, she won’t be covered by any eBay buyer protection program if she uses this payment method.
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• So that means if your sister cashed it she can get away with it because theres no protection, so that lady that paid with moneygram is screwed;) they CAN'T get it out of your paypal because she didnt pay with that, so theres no ebay protection for that lady either, so you and your sister have nothing to worry about incase she did cash it and you dont want to send the items.
    Anonymous