Worst gift

What was the worst gift you ever received for any occassion. Me.....on my birthday I got a dusty gift bag with dusty picture frames (circa 1980's). I actually had to wash my hands after I touched the bag and pulled them out. (I even started sneezing). God bless my friend for giving me something but...............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I got a ceramic statuette of a Matador. The hideous thing was read and shiny. My DH got the matching Bull. My FIL was so sweet to think of us at Christmas...he's a practical joker so we knew how to repay his kindness. We gave it back to him for Valentines Day and he in return gave it back to us on St. Patrick's Day. Over the past 11 years we've given it to him on Grandparents Day, Columbus Day and my personal fave...Cinco De Mayo. He's given it back to us on Columbus Day, Veterans Day and Labor Day. Any holiday you can think of...we've celebrated it by the generous re-gifting of these goofy ass statues...with only the minor broken tail and chipped paint...this gift just keeps giving and giving....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My brother wrapped up my barbies and put them under the christmas tree one year!!!

What a lovely thought on his part except my barbie's were dismembered

I was so mad I took his tonka trucks and things and sold them to the neighborhood kids, he never touched my barbies again
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• LOL, I just remembered when my mom gave me a yellow lycra pant and tank top set when I was 17. I looked like a yellow Peep for Easter.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• LMFAO Gigi, if you have one please pm a pic of that for my own personal amusement
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• NO WAY!!!!!!!!!, I never took a pic! lmao, now you got me laughing more!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My very old-fashioned MIL got me a this hiddeous housecoat. It looked like something you'd see on a 90-year-old woman! She tried, though. Oh, and last year she got me an electric griddle and then said "Now you don't have any excuse not to make Jeff (DH) breakfast every morning!" I liked the griddle, I love to cook, but her comment ruined any good feelings I had!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Big granny drawers that I opened in front of the whole family, I was 12.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• OMG, Imagine being at your 1st boyfriends house after being together for 4 months I get permission from my parents to go on Christmas eve for a couple of hours and his aunt and uncle came from Mexico and gave him the most tackiest, funky sweater, when he opened it we both got a smirk and then his uncle went on to make him try it on as they stroked the fabric and went on and on about it. He just about died.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• For my 31st birthday, my husband gave me a half-eaten pizza. He had forgotten my birthday (second year in a row), was mad about it (because it was my fault don't you know), and decided to be a jerk about it.

Two years later and everyone still asks him when he's giving me the other half of my pizza. He'll never live it down.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my dad gave me my present early this y ear, and i'd have to say it was the worst. at least half of it was, an OPENED bag, of tortilla chips,
    i figured he never finished em, because his dentures wouldn't let him,
    he coulda at least bought me salsa to go w/ em.

but he did give me 50bucks.
    dddebrababy.

Answer by dddebrababy. at 10:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008