is playdough still good after it's been

frozen overnight..in the truck of the car?
Yep I left the playdough overnight in the trunk of the car and it's thawed now so should I still wrap it and give it as a gift?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• was it in the plastic container? if so, then it's fine.. in my experience, once play-doh is opened and not put back in it's containter, it's pretty much done for, so I just toss it.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 2:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• it should be fine. especially since it sounds like it's a brand new container.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes it is new, I left it in the trunk to keep it hidden but now hubby says it's ruined. I just don't want to beleave him and throw away 8 cans of new playdough, if there's a chance it is still good.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well what i would do is open it and check it if it is still good then i would find a box to put them in and then wrap them. i mean you dont want your child opening play dough that isn't good and i'm with you i wouldn't want to just throw it away
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I agree with jodi205, open one and see if it is still good. I know on one of the canisters we have, it says that if the dough is hard, you can add 1-2 drops of water to soften it again, so I'm thinking that even if it froze, when it thawed, the condensation on it might soften it back up again.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2008