Strategically placing presents under the tree...

Does anyone else do this?? Why??

I do it because I want it to look pretty!! I dunno - am I weird??

Everyone I know just stacks them or whatnot.

ChelseySpelsey

Asked by ChelseySpelsey at 3:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Holidays

• haha im like KNOWN by the family as the person that will organize the gifts like 10 times to make them look PICTURE perfect... literally.

i love it i think it looks pretty. right now they are stacked because my nieces and nephews are always over and theyll get into them or something and our apt is kind of small theyll take up too much space lol but christmas eve you better believe it! :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• THANK GOODNESS!! I thought I was crazy. My Grandma and my sister make fun of me because I'm like - "that just looks messy!! Let me organize them!" They think I'm a nutjob.

Picture perfect. That's exactly why I do it. I think it's just gorgeous!!
    ChelseySpelsey

Answer by ChelseySpelsey at 3:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• teee hee I do the same I thank my mother for the Christmas gift order disorder lmao
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Mine are not picture perfect, mine are just under there as they are wrapped, but, it still looks nice. I wouldn't go to that much trouble to make them look perfect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I place mine so they look pretty too!! My husband calls me crazy!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I defintely do it....you want it to look attractive, and abundant! This is Christmas.....part of the fun!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I want to but we have 5 kids and so many presnets it just doesn't work out. I am the neat freak so it really bugs me but what to do?
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I do to a point. I try to arrange them so the same paper isn't next to each other and that all presents for 1 kid aren't together (like them spread around the tree). I also try to get a variety or size/shape gifts together and I pile little ones up to fill in spaces but I don't make a fuss about it. I don't put gifts out until the kids are all in bed (mine are too little to fight the impulse to peek). By that time it's usually 1am and I'm exhausted and just want to get them out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Lol I am a graphic designer, what do you think.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yup, I do this... My mom used to do it while all five of the kids were living at home, she would organize the gifts under the tree so too many of one kid's weren't next to each other, too many of the same wrapping paper wasn't touching, etc... She usually had these "Santa Saks" that she would put things in when she got too tired of wrapping, lol, and those would sit in the front of the tree, one for each of us, and then the rest of the gifts would be scattered nicely around the tree... So, I blame my mom for my obsession with it all looking pretty, lol.. then I will reorganize them after they are open under the tree, lol
    MidnightSun327

Answer by MidnightSun327 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2008