How long did you stay with your baby before you went back to work or how long you planning to stay home?

work and baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• I saved while pregnant and was able to be off work completely for 5 months. Then I got a job working two evenings a week while my hubby home. I don't do daycare. I also watch a baby same age as my son three days a week. Its working so far! I feel like I get the best of both worlds.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 4:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• With my oldest I went back to work after 6 weeks. I had no choice in the matter because DH was in school and I made the money for the house.

After my 2nd child I went back after 12 weeks. Dh was working by this time and I could take the extra time.

After my 3rd I did not go back to work. DH had a better job and we decided that since we would have to pay for 3 children in day care it made more sense for me to stay home.

I have been home ever since and that was 7 years ago.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i palan on staying home until mine is a yr old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• With my first I was finishing up highschool. With the second two I went back to work straight afterwards, as in a few months, since we couldn't afford not to, the when I had my twin boys who are currently 5 we were completely financially secure and I've been a stay at home mother ever since :).
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 6:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i took 16 weeks off we planned for this baby and it took us 2 years to get pregnant so i had not used any sick or vacation timein 2 years almost 3 and we get 6 weeks disability pay at 60% so for 6 weeks i only had to use 1 day vacation to bring me to 100% pay. also i have a private aflac policy that paid me the whole time i was off.. we were actually making more money while i was off because we didn't have certain expenses like fuel( i drive 52 miles one way to work) lunches daycare for the oldest stuff like that.. hope you get as much time as you can afford
    gracelynmommy

Answer by gracelynmommy at 6:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• thanks for responses.
    I do want to go back to work, hoping to find a part time job. I am a professional and worked very hard to earn my degree as an RN (registered nurse) and earning my experience it would be a shame not to use it, I just haven't figured out the right combination.
    As much as I love my time with baby, I feel I need variety to get out there at least 2-3 days a week, to make money along with with variety I will get a chance miss the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i was home for 6 weeks the first time and this time prolly the same
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am planning to go to work at around when my baby will be 6 months. I don't want to loose my career, my independence, myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I dont work while my kids are under 3 yrs old.

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I was in medical also. I worked on Friday and was induced on Monday :) I hadn't found a sitter & ended up staying home. I had wanted to go back but just couldn't after he was here. Please don't feel like you are wasting anything... Just continue your CME, stay current, and continue networking (eat lunch with old coworkers etc). You will know when the time is right and you will already have everything you need to step back into a good job. Maybe you could even get on doing medical transcription from home to make $? There are days that I really miss it but I wouldn't trade my decision for the world. I would say that my oldest would likely do pretty well in day care now. He is two and would benefit from the interaction. But we are having three so I am counting on being home for the next five years. If you need any tips for making ends meet, pm me! More people can stay home than they realize... it just takes a lil sacrifice :)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 8:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2008