I want to return an item for lesser price

I bought it month ago; but now its even lower. I can't get a price adj after 7-10d typically and I think its unfair that I can't just go in return and repurchase same. Any tips

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Shopping

• these were all great answers and true. I enjoyed the link lolo and it was very true. I am aware chrissy thats why I just wondered if I missed something since I'm a new mom, I've discovered how smart shoppers moms are and I've been throwing away money all this time. I agree profit is key but sometimes it matters. Thats is a sensible trick I've considered Night. So here's what happened (lolo), I returned it, explained reason was it was much lower now, I was sad. Then the 2nd girl (luckily) said "would u take it for the lesser $" I said sure. Yay!!!! That article gave me the confidance to approach it differently, w/out exactly haggling (I stink at). Saved $15. Gift for nephew.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• LOL Yahoo has a story about this on their homepage, I just got finished looking at it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081222/ap_on_bi_ge/desperate_retailers
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you return it they won't allow you to repurchace the exact item. They will hold it until someone puts it back on the shelves. If there are others out there go for it. But if yours is the only one I'd just forget it.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Most stores will have a policy on price change adjustments. I work at Home Depot and we will honor any price change, with an original sales receipt, within 30 days of the original purchase. Some retailers only give you a week. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, how would anyone make a profit if everyone kept constantly returning things that had gone on sale and repurchasing them at the lower price?
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• you return it let dh or a girlfriend by it. GOOD for you saving money.
    IF there isn't another on the shelf let them come up about 5 min after you to say they were looking for one and inquire about the one behind the counter
    GOOD luck
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008