My 14 yr old daughter may be pregnant. Help me with some answers!

I just recently found out that my daughter had unportected sex while she was at the end of her period. We are all so scared. I wanted to know what kind of pregnancy test is best for early decteced. We done the first responce 7 days later and it was negetive. I wonder about abortion. Has anyone had a 14 yr. old that has gotten pregnant and you decided for abortion and how did that go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I am going to give you the perspective of a mother of a 14 yr old child. First of all, be supportive. Don't berate her or say "how could you". Just listen. Find out if shes pregnant first. I got pregnant at 17 on day 7 after my period began. 7-14 days is the norm, so maybe she lucked up and didn't ovulate until after day 10. If she is NOT, then I suggest you open some dialogue about her behavior and keep some tabs on her. Since she has already done this once, I would get her on birth control immediately. Don't go through this again. I am not saying that kids won't do what they want behind mom and dads back, but you gotta be determined to make it hard. Kids are not prepared to make adult choices so early. They are children and they act like children.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• First of all calm down, you don't even know if she's pregnant yet. I would wait a while before you consider your options, firstly talk to her about how she's feeling and what she wants to do in this situation (all after you find out whether she is or not) and go from there. Good Luck with all of this.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 6:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ok i was 14 when i got pregnant and i could not be happier but i am still with the dad we have been├é┬átogether for almost 10 years and are very happy but everyone is different i am not saying it is ok for everyone but for me it was so i think you should sit down and talk with her and see what her take on it is what if she is and she wants to keep this baby are you going to make her do something she does not want to do just because you dont agree with it that would be something you both would have to live with my mom tried to make me as she called it get rid of it and you know what i dont talk to her my kids dont know her nothing because of what she wanted me to do dont push her to do something she may not want to do you will regret it later in life as will she that is just my take on it good luck
    MOMMYTOCHUPS

Answer by MOMMYTOCHUPS at 6:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I found out I was pregnant 10 days after conception via blood test with my first. Take her to the doctor and order a blood pregnancy test. This is between you and your daughter. No one can make these decision but you and her. I would however like to suggest, that abortion is killing your grandbaby. Also, by her killing the baby, that really isn't teaching her a lesson. IT's just teaching her that she messed up and it went away. By making her carry the baby and give it up for adoption (or keep it) she is learning from her bad choice. Also, I would imagine abortion would bring about alot of guilt from a decision that she can't take back and may regret later.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• She's just a kid. These are hard choices and you both should sit on it for awhile. If she's not pregnant. I would seriously be checking up on her more. BUT it is very good that she came to you as soon as she did. Some teens go the whole 9 months without telling their parents. Good luck, and please keep us posted.
    navy-wife

• Wow, this must be scary for both of you. She really is still just a child and I would be concerned about her carrying the baby for her own health. I wouldn't force her to have an abortion though. I would only go that route if that was what she wanted to do. I had a friend who was forced at the age of sixteen and she never got over it or forgave her parent. It is easy to give advice from outside of the situation though. I would wait until she has skipped a period and get an early response test. Honestly, if she was right at the end of her period. It is not likely that she is. Good luck. I hope for all your sakes, she isn't.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• OK, I have to say something. This is not a way to "teach her a lesson" this is the nuttiest answer I have ever read! You need to first find out if she is pregnant, then deal with it from there. I would suggest if she is preg. you both go speak to a counseler.
    LoriLou75

Answer by LoriLou75 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Hang on, there is a bigger issue than her possibley being pregnant. What about having unprotected sex AT 14? I hope you deal with this issue as well.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If it was at the end of her period odds are she isnt pregnant. Women normally ovulate 14 days from the first day of their period. Of course anything is possible but you will have to wait until about 5 days before her next period to get an accurate response from any at home test.
    Second I wouldnt recommend an abortion for a 14 yr old unless she is willing. I was in that position when I was 15 and forced to have an abortion and it messed me up for a long time. Its her body and you will have to give her the choice or she will resent you and hold this with her.
    Third if she isnt pregnant then you need to take her to the OB/GYN and get her on birth control. I recommend the shot or patch which is what my dd is on bc its easy to remember. Also load her up with condoms bc today pregnancy is the least of the concern, unprotected sex can cause STDS like AIDS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would have her do Aids and STD testing before pregnancy test
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2008