Does anyone know the name of this toy?

It is a battery operated fishing game for preschoolers/toddlers where the fish (which are magnetized) go around in a circle (opening and closing their mouths) while a cat watches them (the cat's eyes move back and forth). The kids are supposed to catch the fish with a pole that has a magnet on it....it also plays music and has two speeds (fast and slow).

I've seen "let's go fishing" in the stores, but there is no cat...does anyone know about the toy I am talking about?

happymom612

Asked by happymom612 at 6:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh geesh, just pulled mine out of the closet I've had since I've been about 3. lol Mines called Gone Fishing by Mattell
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think they make it anymore....I don't know how I bought it 4 years ago. But at least i have the name..it was driving me crazy.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• They had it at Target. I got it for my niece the day after Thanksgiving
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It is gone fishing but like all toys it has been altered over the years. You can still get similar ones just not with the cool cat. The cat was pretty awesome. I found a smaller version at Michael's the craft store in the dollar isle. Try toys r us or ebay you should deff. be able to get one on ebay.
    BluntLadee

Answer by BluntLadee at 2:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think my mom picked one up a few weeks ago from Big Lots. You might check them :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008