Soap on the carpet!

Help! A bunch of liquid soap was spilled on the carpet and I can't seem to get it out no matter how much water I use. Is there anything I can use to make it come out easier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• That is a tough one. All I can think of to suggest is one of those steam cleaners and run it on rinse. I googled the question and all I could find was the same suggestion- a rented cleaner or a wet vac. You could call a carpet store and see if they have a suggestion. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• rent a carpet cleaner from the grocery store don't add any soap to it you already got loads of that.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think a steam cleaner is your best bet. It will suck all the liquid and moisture out of the carpet. And don't keep adding water. If it is the kind of soap like i am thinking about (dish soap) it will just keep getting sudsier. If you can't get a stream cleaner(they are expensive) try one of the hand help spot cleaners. Like the bissel (i think its called the little green machine) it was like 30.00. Other than that, for now maybe keep a towel throwed over the area to try to absorb what it can.
    Anonymous