What did you learn after becoming a mom from you child?I learned patience, and enjoying his smiles.

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oops! Sorry, I read the question incorrectly, but I love just having my kids involved as they each see life from their own perspective which enriches my perspective so much!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I learned so much I couldn't even write it all out! LOL! But yes PATIENCE is #1!
    5maddie

Answer by 5maddie at 9:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I learned to evaluate and decide and to be aggressive when a doctor shrugs off what seems to be a problem. Either have the doctor explain why it doesn't matter, or explain why I feel it matters and have the doctor consider it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The other day I was pleasantly surprised when I realized (out of the blue) how much my mom simply enjoyed being with us kids. I was thinking back to when she would have me "help" wrap Christmas gifts when I was probably 3 or so. She would have me load up all my fingers with little strips of tape so it would be easier for her to tape the presents. As I was wrapping this year, I realized that there was no reason she had to do that, she just did because she wanted to include me in her world. I felt so loved! And this is 35 years later!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2008