How do I get my hubby to stick to his discipline descisions?

My hubby, Mike, will threaten to i.e.: give time-outs, take toys away or other priveleges, or give spankings. When it comes to following through with the threat/ discipline, out the door it goes.

jach

Asked by jach at 2:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• After the fact, when you see that he never followed through, take him aside quickly (not drawn out I mean) and say "Maybe we should have taken that away, so he'd know we mean what we say".

Or, and my husband has done this for me, go in and follow through for him, and say "daddy told you we'd have to take this away if you threw it at sister, so say bye bye to superman." and show your husband how you think it should be done.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I have the same problem. And when I get him to agree with me, he lets her out of the corner too soon, or gives in to her. It always either him being the disciplinary or me. We are never on the same page. Just follow through with what YOU do...they know who they can get away with what with.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008