is lysol bad to breathe in while your pregnant?

I came into to work this morning and my boss was scrubbing and cleaning with bleach and lysol, cuz one of my other coworkers has the flu. All i can smell is fumes.. can it harm my baby? I am 8 and half months pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is very bad for you and the baby. They say not to spray it by infants or in there beds cause it has led to SIDS. It has some chemical that is harmful. Its like bleach or something.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• its not like i was hovering over it... i was just in the same room... is it still harmful?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's bad for you even if you're not pregnant.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yes its still harmful. Its chemicals to kill bacteria. Anything like that is harmful
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• what could it do to my baby? and would this one time be something to freak out about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't worry to much just ask your boss nicely to not spray so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well I would not even worry about one time. But if you are constantly breathing it in thats something to worry about. Just try to stay away from things that have chemicals in it. And tell your boss to clean with something else like pinesol.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It won't hurt you or your baby if you aren't breathing in the fumes for extended period. I cleaned my shower with some strong stuff when I was 9 month pregnant. Just get some fresh air and don't stress too much.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Lysol and bleach are not safe for any person, so asking your boss not to do that when you are in the workplace is important. It's not something you can help when you are in other surroundings, but it can be helped in your home rather easily. Please feel free to email me at powder211@juno.com if you would like more information on how to protect your family from chemicals that honestly are caustic for people. There are so many, but there are good alternatives too. As for this one time, don't panic. Just change what you can when you can.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• thanks girls! I appreciate it! I am so parnoid, it drives me nuts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008