Am I the only mom who feels like I never get any rest?

I feel like all I ever do is clean, change diapers, laudry, etc and I never rest. I am tired!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Lady, you are not alone. That all I do. A mother's work is never done. I have four little ones so I'm hopping from 6am to 10-11 pm. My twins will be five on Christmas Eve, woohoo. Their growing up so fast. Than I have a 3 yr. old, and a 1 yr. old. And on top of all that I still got to take care of the big kid(old man). My son who is a twin has Autisim and I deal and struggle by myself with everything. It gets very overwhelming, lonely, frustrating. I hope this helps some in letting you know you are not the only one out there that is tired. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!
    Kandance99

Answer by Kandance99 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am exactly the same maybe get your husband or partner to help or find some.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I felt the same way when I had little ones. I also had a big garden and put up most of our vegetables and fruits. Frequently I'd be sweating over a stove and sink well past midnight. I was so exhausted all the time. You could use a break. Could you arrange for someone to watch the little one while you get out of the house and at least stroll around the mall or have a quiet lunch on your own or even take a long nap or read? Perhaps another mom and you could trade sitting days, even once a week- you watch her children one week and she watches yours the next.

Answer by Bmat at 9:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No you are not. The best piece of advice I can give you is that if you feel as if you are not doing what you should be (extreme fatigue) get to your doctor. You may have an underlying medical condition like hypothyroidism. Let things go and get sleep.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you didn't feel like that, it would surprise most of us. Take little moments, on purpose, to rest and relax. Sometimes 10 minutes with a warm drink and a magazine or 1/2 in the tub before bed can make a huge difference. And it is o.k. to let a few things go to be intentional about little times to rest throughout your day. Often it even helps you get more done when you are working a lot.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008