Sick baby

My 7 month old had a fever last night so I gave her baby tylonel and as soon as I did she threw up the formula she had eaten like 4 hours before. So, I took her to the ER. And that was at like 11:30 and she's eaten one more bottle since then and threw it back up like 3 hours later. I don't know what to do. She has to be starving but she can't keep anything down. If I gave her pedialite would she be able to keep that down? She's getting her first tooth in so I'm assuming that's why she's sick. The ER said it's because she has a cold. I've given her Infant's Ibuprofen twice since we got home but she is still sick. Alls she does is lay there. And she is normally very active.=[

Courtney508

Asked by Courtney508 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give her some sprite to keep her hydrated. Don't worry about the food worry about the fluids. Pedialite would be ok but if you don't have but have sprite then run with it. I had the flu recently and I passed out. I did not pass out because I had not eatten all day but because I had not drank enough all day. So hydrate hydrate hydrate
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 9:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Call the pediatrician. Little sips of liquid seem a good idea, but because of the danger of dehydration, call the doctor and follow what they tell you to do. Would you please post again to tell us how the baby is doing?

Answer by Bmat at 10:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• DO NOT GIVE YOUR 7 MONTH OLD SPRITE (like the first poster suggested) Give her small amounts (sips) of pedialyte. It is better to do small amounts (even offereing it on a spoon or giving it to her by a syringe or eye dropper) than to let her drink a whole cup at one time. The smaller amounts will let her tummy rest and absorb it to keep her from dehydrating. If given larger amounts, it could be to much at once and cause more vomiting. Do not give her formula for at least 12 hours from the last time she has vomited. She will not starve, think about it.... if you're sick and vomiting, food is the last thing you're worried about.
    emmyjosmommy

Answer by emmyjosmommy at 10:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Give her the pedialyte, then go to the doc. She probably has some sort of bug. It's typical for them to throw up from teething, but not that much. Definately go to the doctor.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 10:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2008