MY 9 YR OLD STILL WETS THE BED AND SOMETIMES HERSELF WHAT CAN I DO?

SHE SAYS SHE CANT HELP IT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• have you gotten her checked out by her doctor if not you should so he can tell you if this is a problem with the growth of her bladder[ it's not growing at the same rate as the rest of her] or if she has some sort of infection. have you ever tried underjams? they are new they look like pajamas [which fora child that age is great] and they also have a shorts style if it does turn out to be her bladder is not growing as fast as she is then you can't do much but wait it out and maybe let her drink less at night and get up with her at night.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 3:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Can you wake her up at like midnight to take her to the bathroom? Maybe you can train her to take herself eventually.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When I met my husband, his oldes was wetting the bed.He was about 12years old.He couldn't help it.Doctors sed it had to do with how hard he slept.Waking him up worked sometimes but not all the time and my husband didn't have the energy for it anymore.Yelling at him didn't work.Neither did embarrassing him.He just couldn't help it.He eventually grew out of it about 18yrs old.Have him looked at by a doctor.If it can't be fixed and you have to wait for him to grow out of it, teach him how to be responsible about it(hygiene, and getting his bed linens to the laundry room).Try not to embarrass him about it, as this doesn't work and he probably already is embarrassed about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I agree with anonymous, but also, I have a nine year old daughter that has bladder reflux and overactive bladder which causes her difficulty, don't know if you want to get your child checked for this. She is treated with medication for these conditions. She goes to a urology clinic for this. If you would like more info from me on this, u r welcome to email me!
    virginiamom723

Answer by virginiamom723 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• she probably can't, i'm sure its embarssing so its probably not on purpose. Could be stress, bladder control, or something more. Talk to her pediatrician.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2008