Creative ideas needed

I have to buy a gift for hubby's aunt... $40 or less. I know very little about her. She is a teacher and collects glass/art apples and has a grand piano - dh says she used to play quite a bit. I was thinking of some sheet music maybe. I just don't know. I don't want to give a bath set or cocoa and mugs or anything like that. Dh also says she is super smart. Any suggestions? Thanks.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Holidays

• i like the idea of sheet music! To jazz it up, I would select a Christmas classic, and frame it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Buy her a nice candle, or a set of candles.

Answer by louise2 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had a similar circumstance and I got her a book called "Sacred Christmas Music: The Stories Behind the Most Beloved Songs of Devotion". It tells the stories behind Christmas music and included a CD which was beautiful.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• So far... I picked up a book of Scott Joplin's music. This is such fun music to play and hear and I have lots of memories of my grandma playing this. And a gift certificate to Einstein Bagels.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• A year ago or so we found a great teapot in the shape of an apple for my mom... Since you said she likes apples, maybe look for something like that. We found it at a Shopko, I don't know if you have one of those...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I haven't heard of Shopko but will look it up and see if I can find a similar type store. That is a great idea!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2008