Why do some women wait so long to have an abortion?

Ok, I am pro-life, BUT I do NOT understand why anyone would wait close to SIX months to have an abortion. You might as well have the baby and give it up for adoption. I can understand in cases where the mothers life is in danger or something but in any and all other cases why wait SO long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because they really don't want to have an abortion but somewhere along the line they allow there negative emotions to get the best of their decision making. It's sad but so many people have done this.
    visit www.abortionfacts.com
    there are many site with facts but this is just one.
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 4:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• That's a good question. I imagine it is due to various factors of her situation. For instance, she may have a rocky relationship with the father, on and off, and let's say he cheats on and/or leaves her. It would be like a final straw...she'd feel so helpless, trapped, out of control....a way to gain control and severe the tie that unites them.
    Jazzmim

Answer by Jazzmim at 8:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm not sure but it's absolutely disgusting how they have partial birth abortions...I just don't even want to think about it, ugh!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• confusion? denial? hope a knight in shining armor will come along and save her and the baby? bad planning? IDK. It's heartbreaking. I'm not against abortion but have strong feelings about waiting so long. There are so many wonderful ppl who want to adopt. It cheats so many ppl out of so much. It's not my place to judge but wish they would weigh their options much sooner in a pregnancy.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• These are all good answers. I don't know. But to me, a baby is a baby from conception.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2008