Might be a stupid question....please no bashing

On Dec. 18th the ultrasound tech said i was 7weeks and 5days. When would i have gotten preg? I havent asked my ob b/c i havent had my first prenatal appt. I'm tryna figure out b/c the baby could be my ex or the guy i was talking to. I know the only sure way to kno is a paternity test but i want to try to figure out right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if it is that close then you won't be able to tell... because ultra sounds can be off. My first ultra sound my baby measured 6 weeks and them my due date changed at my 19 week ultra sound . So really it isnt a for sure thing and you need to be honest with BOTH of them. I don't remember how that works.. but I believe if you take two weeks off that thats about the day you conceived but google it and it should help you
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• When unsure of who the DADDY is. DNA both men. After the baby is born. That way your 100% accurate of who the DADDY is.  GL

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Is that what the kids are caling it these days - "talking to"?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• When was your last period?
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well we know now," talking to" means we are having sex. Not we are sitting down at a table and   just talking.  LOL

Answer by louise2 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html

There is calculator on here that will give you the conception date from either your due date or your LMP. Although I agree that it's probably too close to call and you will probably have to do paternity tests when baby is born.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Maybe try eliminating. Who did you use a condom with? Who came in you? who did you sleep with first? Try to remember the dates then subtract from the due date they gave you. if you slept with them close then it may be harder to try to figure out. I'm sorry you have to go threw this. Stay strong and keep your head up for the baby's sake.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 10:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ususally it dates back to the first day of your last period, most doctors go by that. But it can be off up to two weeks. However the earlier the ultrasounds, the more accuarate they are. My US at nine weeks and three days was close. My EDD changed twice. Once by two weeks, putting my EDD two weeks earlier. Then it was readjusted by three days. Putting my EDD earlier by only three days. This is my fourth, and I am not due for another 6 weeks.
    So in answer to your question the actual date of conception is usually determined by your period, but since you had an early ultrasound they are more likely to be more accurate at giving you a correct due date. You can usually go back to when you had sex by figuring when the first day of your last period, after the cycle was over your next egg fertalized. I hope I was helpful...and not confusing. I was interested in knowing too when I found out.
    ~Amanda~
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 10:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well if you are 7 weeks 5 days, then baby is 5 weeks 5 days. You typically get pregnant 2 weeks after your last period, but they tack that 2 weeks onto the baby's age to make it easier to find your due date.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Oh and if you had sex with two guys, he only real way to find out the DNA is to have the test after the baby's birth. Semen can stay in your body alive for up to at least 48 hours. Waiting till after the baby is born will save you heartache and stress. Don't worry the daddy till you have the facts, it will save face for you as well. I had to go through this, and it stunk.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 11:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2008