what do you do if you think a doctor isnt doing enough?

i have a son and he is 1 yrs old he has been to 4 diffrent doctors about his lyphm noids and they all did blood work blood work came back normal and then sent him to another doctor now we went through this 4 times then we went to a new doctor a specilist she did blood work no cancer but mono then she tells me he has it for quite some time and he has to be admitied then all those test came back fine and she let us go home with no medication to help the problem and she seid his lymph noids will go down now its been a couple of months and there still there and all they keep telling me is that they will go away but there has to be another excplanation right idk should i go to another doctor or just wait longer im really scared something wrong and noone is helping what should i do

brandi_07

Asked by brandi_07 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you feel something is wrong then I would demand to see a specialist, better to be safe then sorry.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Are these Doctors all within the same practice. If so i would be looking for a new medical group. I had to do that with my daughter.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• if he had mono, its a virus that last for several months. viruses can not be treated with medications. if you're not satisfied though, find another dr.
    emmyjosmommy

Answer by emmyjosmommy at 10:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Our pediatrician told us when my son had mono, that very often until adulthood, mono tests are not accurate. If he's dragging, having a hard time keeping pep, and has swollen nodes, you can ask that they check his spleen and liver. Otherwise just make sure he gets tons of rest, eats as well as he can and gently get him through it. It really does take several months.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had mono for over 6 months and my noids remained HUGE the entire time, if that's all there is, honestly there is'nt much they can do. I got a battery of steroid shots in my throat at one point and they were horrible and did'nt really do much in the long run. BUT if you feel there is something truely wrong start seeking out other doctors. Go out of town or out of the state all together if you have to. I would seek another couple of opionions before calling off the hunt tho. It may really only be what the docs have said and you'll make yourself crazy looking for other answers.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2008