MY 3 YEAR OLD SWALLOWED A PENNY

PLEASE HELP FRANTIC MOM...HUSBAND TOOK CELL PHONE NO WAY TO CALL DOCTOR SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

yousomedicated9

Asked by yousomedicated9 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First of all don't panic. As long as the child is not in pain and did not choke then she should be alright. It should pass through her and she should be fine. If she complains of abdominal pain then take her to the hospital but it should be fine for now.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 10:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• get a cell phone or home phone hon in case of emergencies or a pre paid phone something to use only if you have to call 911. =) kids swallow pennies and stuff all the time if he looks like he's in pain... take him to the dr or ER
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• oh gosh thank you. first time she's ever done anything like that...and her and her twin are my first im pregnant with my 3rd and everything is still new to me every time i hear anything about kids swallowing anything but food its automatically call a doctor thank you so very very much of course the one time she does do it my husband takes my cell phone for god knows what reason....
    yousomedicated9

Answer by yousomedicated9 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It probably wont be the last LOL . Glad she's okay. Last year I caught my daughter feeding her twin sister pennies. Got to them in time (only 2 went down) when I asked her what she thought she was doing she said "look mommy, Cassie's a piggy bank" Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well i have to say that my DD survived a staple (we have the xray in her baby book) - i would wait for the penny to pass. If it sounds like she is having a hard time breathing i would go to ER so they can xray to make sure its not stuck somewhere!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• LMAO LMAO LMAO dle4125

"Cassie's a piggy bank"... hehehe
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 6:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008