3 year old nephew staying with me, driving me crazy!

He keeps running at a wall like head first, and he won't stop and he won't look at me. I've put a helmet on him to try and protect his head and I keep trying to pick him up and pull him to the old playpen, but he just climbs out and he keeps kicking and punching my stomach and i'm pregnant so I'm trying to calm him down from a distance now. Anyone got any ideas on how to calm him down? Please.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 10:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Give him a project, my boy is easily calmed by building a Lego tower, crayons and paper, even helping me dust, dry dishes, etc...
    Keriy

Answer by Keriy at 10:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Read him a book, sing songs, play with him
    Anonymous

• From experience: Do not try to keep him from running into the walls. Just don't pay any attention to him when he starts to "act out". Make a safe place where he can "chill out". Let him know with words that you will not put up with that way he is acting. I had this problem with my nephew. Providing activities for him to do will help prevent the incidents. Also, it possible as his parents or daycare provider what they do. You are not alone. We all have had problems with someones' kids, either our own or someone elses.
    MamaFlanigan

Answer by MamaFlanigan at 3:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2008