Are men always bummed when they find out the bundle of joy is a girl not a boy?

My ex was bummed when we found out my DD was a girl. My husband said he didn't care but after the U/S tech told us she was a girl He got all sad and seemed really bummed out. He said it won't be as fun as a boy would be. I thought he was man enough to be happy either way but I guess not. I want to punch him in the face right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my dh didnt care either way with ower dd.....he was just excited and now we are TTC and he WANTS a girl....and not to be mean as long as it healthy i wouldnt care...but i would like to have a mommas boy...
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 11:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i think its every mans wish and dream to have a little boy. Try not to stress yourself about it becuz when that little girl gets here he will be so over joyed it wont matter anymore. She will be "daddys girl".
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• give him time he will fall in love with this girl. he obviously did have his heart set on a boy.. which is okay! but instead he's getting a girl and he has to adjust. Most of us when were pregnant (obviously want a healthy happy baby) but our hearts go one way and wish for one or the either.. doesn't mean we won't love it any less we just have to adjust. Maybe buy a little pink outfit and talk about things he gets to do with a little girl that he couldn't with a boy =) Good luck and don't be too mad at him.. he'll come around
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My boyfriend wanted a girl because his mom had all boys so they wanted a little girl and that is what we had. He was so excited when he found out and you should see them together he fixes her hair dresses her I think girls are alot funner then boys and your husband will lover her to death.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband actually wants a girl, he wants a little princess he can spoil rotten and has made that quite clear. That sucks that your man is being a jerk, but he had his hopes up and everyone gets a little depressed when their dreams are dashed. I'm sure my husband will react the same if he finds its a boy and not a girl. But as soon as they hold them it will all change!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think every man feels that way. Even if they say they don't. It has to do with carring his last name. Its in their gene's to want to carry on their life. Little do they think that a women will carry on their gene more because they make the babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• ALL men can find it easier to relate to they're own sex! I hate to say this, but it's because they are simple minded, and all they see is stress when it comes to a girl and Due to the fact that they can't do the same thing's with a girl, all you can do is point out to him that he can do anything with a girl that he can do with a boy, they too play sport's, go to hockey games etc..he just has to get past the part between the leg's it doesn't matter at all!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It pisses me off, honestly, because my father was the same way and it really affected me growing up. He never got his boy and that's disappointing to him. He has me and my little sister, and we just weren't into sports. He is an immature bastard, though.
    I definitely would feel just as pissed as you. It is sperm that determines gender anyway, so have him chew on THAT for a while.
    You don't get to PICK so if you get your hopes up, there's a 50 50 chance you'll be thrilled, and a 50 50 chance you'll be disappointed, so it's STUPID to get your hopes up like that!!!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 11:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Thanks you ladies you made me feel better! He is so wonderful with my DD even though she is not his she is a total daddy's girl. I do think he will come around. I told him how great he is with little girls and it's not like my DD isn't enough of a tomboy she's fearless and loves to get dirty and go fast. I'm gonna buy him a really cute newborn outfit that says daddy's girl and maybe after he sees that he'll be more accepting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my husband was on cloud nine finding out it was a girl.... i kinda got depressed for a few days.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2008