Anyone else tired of cleaning??

I can never get caught up! I know its a pain for all of us...I love my house to be clean, but Im tired of cleaning it! Its never ending and so thankless!! All week, I havent done a THING! And it feels sooo good...til I look around. Ewww. *sigh* I cant win!

K-e-r-i

Asked by K-e-r-i at 11:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• HAHAHA this website's great! I'm in the same boat as you...I HATE cleaning now that I have a baby. I never feel ahead of the game, i look around and it's a mess but just a few day's ago, it was clean. My man comes home and asks why I didn't do this or that..and I feel like ripping his head off. Dealing with my baby is a full time job, that's what I tell him. I know we want to see it clean..but just remember there will come a day when your old and grey, you'll have TOO much time to clean and you'll hate how clean it is lol. I'm going to take it easy on myself when it comes to cleaning...just do the basic's that would cause the gross stuff to grow LOL, take care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't clean unless I notice that it is dirty, and I don't look very hard. LOL! Actually I am careful about cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, it just seems that these places should be sanitary. And I change bedding because I don't like the idea of dust mites, and I keep the bedroom vacuumed and dusted because I am allergic. The rest of the place I would let go except that if company comes in I don't want it looking dusty and dirty. And after cleaning bathrooms, kitchen, and bedroom, there isn't much more to clean anyway. Make a plan for every day what you are going to clean and do it. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two a day, and everybody will have a clean place to live.

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• cont'd:

A friend of mine said she left her vacuum cleaner sitting out and if anyone should come calling she'd murmur that they caught her just as she was starting to clean. LOL! She also said she kept her curtains closed since the dirt in the house showed less. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have four kids and it IS a never ending fight. I just keep it between the ditches. Every now and then, we will clean to spotless, but I don't make a huge deal out of it. It would only to make myself feel better and there are other ways to achieve that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I just always feel like Im a slack off mom if everything isnt clean...but I get so frustrated with it. I have two toddlers, so mess is expected...Ill have to get over it, lol Thanks!
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 2:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I hate cleaning. You'd think with four adults living in the house there'd be more done, but nope!! It is driving me bonkers, and I can never ever catch up.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 2:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i hate it with a passion. my house is pretty clean, but i hate doing it. some days i just put blinders on and only clean whats directly in front of me.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my house is dirty enough to be happy and clean enought to be healthy.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• AMEN!!! I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a Husband. They all have chors. Yes, even the 1 dog has a chor. He takes shoes to the right room. It took a while to teach him, but it was worth the work. Each child has a small list of chors he or she is reponsible for and I remind them on Mondays to make sure chors get done. My youngest is 3 years old and he picks up dirty clothes and pickup dog toys. My 5 year old gathers the trash and cleans bathrooms (with supervision). My daughter at 10 years old does dishes and laundry. My Husband helps with supervising and extra chors that I can't get done on my own since I work full-time, midnights. My house is never what I would call "clean", but it is sanitary most of the time. My kids will be young only once and it goes so fast the I don't put alot of stock in a clean house. My kids will remember what we did not how clean my house was!!!
    MamaFlanigan

Answer by MamaFlanigan at 3:06 AM on Dec. 26, 2008