okay so i had my 34 week ultrasound today and the baby was measuring 6lbs 15 ozs!! how accurate are ultrasounds and how big was ur baby at 34 weeks?

dared2lovexx

Asked by dared2lovexx at 11:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Good question! I want to know too
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 11:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• they are not accurate at all. And I'm serious. LOL I had an ultrasound and they said my little guy was 7 lbs 3 oz. 2 weeks later i had him and he was 8 lbs 10 oz! The doctor was like he shouldn't have gained that much in 2 weeks. So their not all that accurate because (the ultrasound tech told us this) all they do is take the measurements and compare them to babies that have already been born. So my son was normal height so he should have been normal weight but he has really heavy bones, hence the reason he weighed 8 lbs 10 oz. and at 34 weeks he was 6 lbs 2 oz
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• They are an estimate only, and usually they are accurate within a pound (plus or minus). At the last ultrasound before my twins were born they told me to expect the babies to be around 6 1/2 and 7 pounds. They were born the next day weighing around 5 1/2 and 6 pounds, so they were off by about one pound on each of them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2008