at what age?

At what age do you feel it's inappropriate to take a bath with your child or let them bathe with a cousin?

karliesmom0506

Asked by karliesmom0506 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• i think that mom and kid could bathe together until kid is uncomfortable with it. i would say 6 or 8 for a boy is when they start the "why are you different" and with girls i still get changed in the same room with my mom without feeling uncomfortable and i am 24!
    for CERTAIN the little girls and daddy thing should be 4 years old...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Whatever age the child is uncomfortable with. I sit and talk to my mom and sisters while they are in teh bath/shower and it's no big deal, because being naked was not a shameful behavior growing up in my house. I still take showers with my 5 year old nephew and 8 year old cousin (girl). I took baths with my mom till we were too big to fit in there toghether, lol. I was in middle school for sure.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• is the cousin the same sex, and same age...if not then I think bath time should stop around 4 or 5. As for with a parent, I think if the parent is same sex, then perhaps the best age is around 4. Opposite sex parent should not be bathing with a child older then 4 either. That's just my opinion, even 3 is a good time to stop sharing the tub with your opposite sex child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would say it depends ont he comfort level of the child. Nudity when treated as a biological thing is clean and pure. As long as there are no perversions in the mix or you don't make it out to be a "dirty" or wrong thing it's fine. I'd say I've seen kids rinsing off with a member of the SAME SEX all they way up to 10 or so. My girls will take a bath with their 8 year old female cousin with no issues and I could'nt care less. And I'll take both of them in the shower with me if I am desperate for time and they need it. But then again I grew up in a nudity friendly home o my thoughts are based alot on that.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• so I am his mom and when he's 3-4 I can't bathe him??
    What if daddy is outta the country??? What then he goes a whole month with no bath??
    LOL sorry not trying to sound rude. I'm in a fisty mood today :o)
    Anonymous

• if you feel that it is safer to have your children in the shower or tub with you then give them that time with you and dont worry about it if it starts to bother them you will know and you can stop it then
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008