Am I creepy?

Last night me and my on and off again boyfriend were talking. The conversation turned into an argument and I told him that he just wasn't the same person that I fell in love with. Yes, I do bring up the past but the way we were back then makes me smile and I miss it and the way that we are now, makes me cry. He has changed so much and I feel so unloved but keep hoping things will get better. He told me that I am creepy because I always bring up the past about how things were and all that kinda stuff. I know things will never be the same but I want to feel that loved again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont think your creepy but I do think you need to get over the past and move forward, every relationship goes through a "hunnymoon" period in the beginning, and that fades away once you get "used" to each other
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Life is 2 short to be unhappy, I say get out and stay out if he does not make u happy.
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 11:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No you aren't creepy. He feels that you are tying him down and wanting to make him into a different person than he is now. This may be what he means by creepy- that he feels uncomfortable that you don't love him for what he is now and want him to be something he is not. From your point of view, if he is not what you want, then you need to move on with your life. It will be hard to do since you have good memories and hopes, but take a good hard look on whether you want to spend time with someone who is not what you want.

Answer by Bmat at 11:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• get someone who does it for you. you can't do that with this weight around your heart... drop it. people change, not always for the better. for him to even say that is a clue about how little he respects you. it sounds to me like you bring up the past to determine what was happening then that isn't happening now and the reason for the bad feelings. that's not creepy - that's called learning. it's why people study history... what works, what doesn't. but don't forget that what's going on now should be first and foremost, and it's not working. be happy.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No you arent creepy, but I dont agree with the other poster about the honeymoon period ending. Its up to you to keep things great. Do you still act the way you USED to act?
    You have to work at relationships - keep it spicy.
    Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No, not creepy. Relationships evolve and yours may never be back to the way it was in the beginning. That doesn't mean it can't still be a very loving relationship, just not all stars and roses. Stop bringing up the past, that's over. Time to make some new memories and happy moments. Arguing won't get you there. Try to enjoy each other and move forward.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You have to ask what has happened in the past, to make feeling's fade! On both your parts, is it forgivable? If you can't forgive him or vise versa, then there's no point in holding onto a relationship where your both just torturing each other! True there's a honeymoon phase, but after that first yr you should still have respect, and feel in love! I think you should take a look at the reasons you 2 have gotten to this place with each other, bringing up the past isn't going to fix thing's, but you have to discuss the reasons for the neglect on both your parts. You are neglecting his feeling's in some way for him to be less loving, men are like that! And he is being this way because of a lack of something from you...if you can't both get back to feeling in love, then it's over! move on and find someone that doesn't take you for granted.

Anonymous

• Sounds like it's time to be OFF again.

And never ON again.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you really love him and want to make it work, why don't you try being the hero in this situation instead of waiting for him to be the hero, or for him to be worthy of you being the hero. How about trying this: Fake it til you make it. Decide you are GOING to be happy despite the circumstances. Start treating him how you would like him to treat you...even if you don't feel he deserves it. It's not easy, I can attest to that. In fact, it's damned hard. But it will get you out of the rut, it will change the situation and it will renew his interest and make you feel alot better. It works, I promise!. It's all about changing your thoughts and actions, your feelings will follow.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008