Can you get pregnant without having a period??

OK lady's need some advice here, so I haven't had a period in almost a year now, and Ive always had this problem except when I was on the pill, and stop taking it and then got pregnant with my son, who's now 7, but haven't felt so hot last couple days, and been getting nauseated, and had tenderness in my breasts hear lately, well anyway, I've took tests in the past and they all came out negative, but today I decided to go ahead and take one and well the first one was weird, had a faint line, and well, went and got another one, and well no problem it shows 2 lines for positive gonna wait and take another in the morning to confirm before I make a doc appointment, but is it possible to get pregnant without having a period??????

supermom_29

Asked by supermom_29 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, very possible.
    HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 2:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2011

• YES it is possible.. you should still be ovulating but some women jst dont get the period part out of no where and it can last for a very long time (years) or come back. I got preggo on a birth control.......lol- take a test
    Jillians B.

Answer by Jillians B. at 2:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2011

• yes, because you ovulate before you menstruate. Day 1 egg begins to mature, day (? steriotypical 14) egg releases, if not fertilized it disintegrates, and 1-2 weeks later period starts. So even if you went a whole year without ovulating, it's still possible to have ovulated approximately two weeks ago.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2011

• yep.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2011

• Well, yes....the positive test being proof...Congrats mama!!!
    lakissakay

Answer by lakissakay at 3:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2011

• Yes, many women get pregnant without periods. For instance, many women have absence of a period when they are nursing (I did for just over two years) and still they get pregnant somewhere in the time they are nursing, even without having had a period. If you have a faint line, you are very likely pregnant. False positives are rare. Take another test with first morning urine and you'll likely find it positive too. Then, you can go to your care provider. Congratulations!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2011