What does it mean when...

When you can feel your pelvic bone open adn close when you move around. Like i can literally feel them moving just in the last couple days. And my back the part were the spine connects to the tail bone i feel it moving too it hurts. What is it? I'm almost 37weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had that too! It's what happens to your pelvis when your prego. There are extreme cases of it though it's actually a condition I read about on the internet. Talk to your doctor for sure, rule out the more serious condition! Make sure it's just the normal shitty part of pregnancy lol. I carried a 10 lb baby and felt the same thing at around 25 weeks.
    Anonymous

• AS long as it's not a condition like the PP mentioned, it's just your body getting ready to have that baby. If you are in extreme pain ask your OB what you can take to relieve some of the discomfort. Hang in there mama, it's almost done!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• the condition is called Pubic Symphysis. If the pain is severe, your OB can refer you for physical therapy and also prescribe you a "belt" to support the pelvic girdle.

I have this so I know how you feel. Lots of times I just bend over a chair and rock my hips around in circles to stretch that area out really well. It feels good and takes the pressure of the baby off your back and pelvis.

Good luck!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Girl i been having that a lot and plenty of streching to the point where its hard to even take deep breaths but it eventually wears off if i change position im in. but yea it does hurt and its normal to hurt.. only a beginning of what is to come in the future years of your child lol!
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 3:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008