Why do men think boys are more fun?(add to bummed dad Q)

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against boys. It's just I don't get why men think they can't do the same things with girls as they can with boys. Girls can fish, play ball and eventually drink their dads under a table! Girls can do anything a boy can do. They just can't join the NFL or MLB etc.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• Its a testosterone thing. Its just a man thng and I don't know why, they are just like that. When the baby gets here healthy it won't matter to your husband at all. Its his gift in life, he should enjoy it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband loves being a daddy's girl! He's gonna buy her a fishing pole and take her fishing this summer. But see, he takes his daughter fishing. Most men think that's a man's thing.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Same for my hubby and daughter. He adores her. He loves that she will sit on his lap and watch football (especially when she is avoiding a nap, lol). She is just as crazy about dinosaurs, Spiderman, Superman and Batman, as any boy! She is the best of both worlds, she loves to romp and get dirty and she loves to get dressed up and be pretty. In fact when I got pregnant, he was adamant that he wanted another little girl! He got his wish, by the way. :) He loves having a daughter, and looks forward to this upcoming daughter, also.

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 3:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I HAVE 4 BOYS AND A GIRL BUT GIRLS ARE GIRLY NO MATTER HOW YOU PUT IT. THE HAIR HE CLOTHES YOU CANT PUT A GIRL IN A TRUCK OUTFIT SHE WILL NOT LOOK AS CUTE. NOW BOYS ARE ALL BOYS THEY LOVE DIRT ON THEM AND GOOIE FISH AND WORMS EEWWWWWWWWWW GIRLS ARE NOT SUPOST TO BE AS DIRTY AS BOYS NOW DONT GET ME WRONG MY DOUGHTER LOVES TO FISH JUST NOT TOUCH THE FISH AND SHE LIKES TO DO BOY STUFF BUT AS LONG AS SHES NOT DIRTY. NOW SHE WAS RAISED WITH HER MOM THAT IS NOT ALL GIRLY AND NEATHER AM I. I WENT FISHING AND HUNTING GROWING UP ALL MY LIFE AND LOVED IT TIME WITH MY DADDY IS ALL I WANTED AND THAT WAS MY TIME SO I LOVED IT BUT MY DAD WOULD RATHER ME DO GIRL STUFF INSTED. THAT IS A DAD MY HUSBAND LOVES HIS 4 BOYS THE SAME BUT HE GETS HIS BOY TOYS BACK NOT BARBIES AND BABYS :p
    lovingmomof7

Answer by lovingmomof7 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2008