Has anyone ever had an amnio come back normal, but then there is something wrong with the baby? Just curious!

babyruby02

Asked by babyruby02 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not sure why anyone would want an amnio. The are dangerous and even if the baby had a problem, it not like you would terminate, right? So why endanger your baby for a test that is not 100% accurate and you wouldn't do anything bout?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ok, if you're not going to answer the question, DON'T POST!!! Oh, and FYI, I ALREADY HAD THE AMNIO!!!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had an amnio with my second. There were somethings that didn't look right on the 21 wk ultrasound. The amnio came back fine but it turned out being a genetic disorder that my daughter had. Since genetic info doesn't show up the amnio was ok. GL!!!!
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Great question! I am also curious about the answer since I had an amnio that came back fine. I'm 27 weeks pregnant.
    carolinegw

Answer by carolinegw at 10:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Good question!! I had an amnio done today because I am having some complications and we need to deliver, but the first test came back negative for lung maturity, but the other result we wont receive until tomorrow. I want to know how one test can be neg, but the 2nd test comes back with a possibly different answer
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009