HELP?!?!?!? ABSCESS IN ONE YEAR OLDS NOSE???

so for the past 2 weeks up until a couple days ago my 12month old had this rash type thing one his legs hand and stomach, it was more of red dots than a rash. so i took him in to see the doctor and she told me it was nothing. red dots cleared up and all of a sudden he has this pimple thing on insideish part of his nose. he had his one year check up yesterday and doctor said it was nothing. well today it is 10times worse. its bigger redder, and he has this huge patch of redness that goes up under this eye. he has a cold on top of all this. he is in such pain, he constantly crys and doesnt wana eat,or anything, he is tired but doesnt wana sleep and when he does sleep he still whines in his sleep. his dad said give it another day, but i think we should take him to the hospital....any ideas...i need advice and help

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 12:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Health

• UPDATE: took him to hospital last night a 3 and a hlaf hour wait. It is an infection and it is getting to the point of being an abscess. Doctor said my son should have been given antibotics monday at his check up. But ER doctor gave him liquid antibotics and cream to put on it. have to take him to new doctor in 3 days to make sure everything is going okay. also have to put wash wash clothes on the wound several times a day which is hard. but if the stuff doesnt come out on its own we will have to take him in and have it cut open and taken out. which i hope doesnt happen cuz it will leave a scar. but if that does happen we are guna sue that first doctors ass. er doctor said it wouldnt of gotten so bad if the first doctor had just done his job. ERRRRRRRRRRR!
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 10:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I don't know anything about that because my 20 month old hasnt had this happen but if something like that did I would take her to the hospital fast. I rather be safe then sorry ya know?
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 12:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Take him to the hospital. They will propably give him ibprophen. Good luck!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If it's grown that much in such a short period of time I think you should at the very least call the dr. I would probably go ahead and take him into the hospital just to be safe.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Call the Dr or go to the ER. It's obviously not nothing! There is a reason for it. Good luck & let us know what happens.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 1:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would call your doc back. If she says its nothing switch docs, she sucks.

I don't think the rash and the pimple are related to each other. Rash could be ANYTHING. The pimple is a localized something.

It could be MRSA or something. Is it open? DId she take a sample? I would't be worried except that its around his nose aka his airway. IF he is having trouble breathing or seems like he is struggling to breath Call 911.
    I wouldn't rush him to the ED b/c you will sit there forever esp if you don't think its causing problems breathing.

WHat I wold do is call his doc. If you don't like her answer find a new doc. You are a customer, she is the business. You should find a doc that you can trust.

CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 9:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008