I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have felt sick everyday most of the day for 5 days. What can I do?

I am 6 wks. preg. and I have felt sick everyday for most of the day fo the last 5 days. Can you plz help me ?

TanjaLeena

Asked by TanjaLeena at 12:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Stay hydrated, keep crackers on hand and much little bits thru out the day, small meals work best and more of them and some women really benefit from lolipops. Ginger is a natural stomach calming food, so i ate lots of california rolls with ginger. That was the only way I kept anything down.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• try ginger root in some green tea and white crackers
    proudmommi330

Answer by proudmommi330 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well one thing you should do is have crackers at your bedside table so before you wak eup you can have a couple of those. That will help ease your stomach & absorb any stomach acid. Gingerale also helps along with crackers. You can use sugar free suckers or those sold at babiesrus for morning sickness. You can make hot tea and get fresh ginger root and slide a sliver off and put in the tea.
    If it persists you can ask your OB/GYN for a prescription of reglan. I have had 5 kids & bad morning sickness with them all and in my last pregnancy got Reglan. It worked 10 times better then the phenegran.

Answer by gemgem at 12:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Do NOT drink green tea. It has been known to cause birth defects and way worse.
    Anonymous

• It really does help to make sure you eat 4-6 meals a day. I had to make sure that i kept something to snack on all the time and water.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 1:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am 6 weeks and i get really sick if i dont eat. I just keep things to nibble on around me at all times. I havent thrown up much since i have. I have crackers on my night stand for in the middle of the night even. I try to keep very hydrated like lots of water and uice helps a lot. then eat smaller meals when you do eat to make sure you arent gaining too much weight. I hope this helped:)
    Newbabyaug1309

Answer by Newbabyaug1309 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i dont know about you but the crackers thing never helped me and i was severly nauseated every single day to the point i had to keep a puke cup in the car. I asked the same type of question on here and a lady suggested lemon...scent taste anything...It helped. Worth a try
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008