Do you think it's okay to start giving an 11 week old baby rice cereal in her bottle?

I have heard SO MANY different things. MY doctor says wait until 4 months but the doctor I wanted, the best doctor in town says 6 weeks. Some people think it's evil, some think it's heaven haha so I'm just looking for more opinions!

CaydensMama505

Asked by CaydensMama505 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it will not hurt your baby at all. if anything it will help your baby sleep longer just mke sure you start really slow
    ilovelittletheo

Answer by ilovelittletheo at 2:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I did will all of mine except this last baby...he will not eat it . It won't hurt them
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 2:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I fed both my babies cereal from about 8 weeks...I breastfed so I had to do it with the spoon. My babies are fine, and growing like weeds...I wouldn't worry, if thats what you want to do...do it
    Boodahbear0608

Answer by Boodahbear0608 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I think you need to go with your gut :) If you think your baby needs it, try it. Watch for fussiness or constipation as a sign they can't handle it yet.

I have heard good/bad about putting it in a bottle, just be careful because I know it can contribute to a baby choking.
    deelucas

Answer by deelucas at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had to do that because my son spit up constantly. The Dr. told me this would help him keep his food down, and also sleep better.
    Gaaeia

Answer by Gaaeia at 4:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• The only reason u should do it if is ur doctor tells u to for acid reflux other than that u should wait until they are 4-6 mths and feed them with a spoon.
    Jacemommy31506

Answer by Jacemommy31506 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I use to make my baby the cereal in a bowl real runny and feed it with a baby soft spoon.
    Pghpagirl

Answer by Pghpagirl at 5:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Why do you want to? It's not necessary. If you are feeding him/her formula, then there is enough iron and other nutrition in the bottle.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• at 3.5 months i fed Jamie soupy cereal from a spoon...he dug it...didn't help him sleep more or anything...i wouldnt do it from a bottle but as evidenced by other replies here its not gonna kill 'em
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 9:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Nah I've not had any doctors confirm the sleeping better idea. Just older moms.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2008