Just got a call from the doctor...

My doctor called me and told me that i need to have another ultrasound because the pictures that she saw didnt really show anything but the sac. Now i am worried something bad has happened or the baby is not going to make it. I am 6 weeks 5 days and i found out last week at the doctor that i was pregnant. I am hoping it is nothing because i swear i saw the baby. Anyone have this problem

Newbabyaug1309

Asked by Newbabyaug1309 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my friend had this happen and there was no baby in it. It just means that the baby terminated itself early but the sac continued. She was devestated and yell at the doctor lol. But it doesn't mean thats whats going to happen to you. 6 weeks is still really early to see the baby so it very well could have been just a bad picture.
    good luck
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• the ultrasound tech probably took the pic too late. i wouldnt worry.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had it happen to me and it was nothing. Seriously, I did not drink enough water before the appointment and nothing showed up. At the second appointment, They could see her. I did freak out a little bit though because I tried so hard for her... Hopefully it is the same story for you too!
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I mean i saw the head and the body and we tried for the heartbeat a couple of times but the tech said i was still really early for a heartbeat. Was it just the picture they send out that would cause her to order another in 2 weeks?
    Newbabyaug1309

Answer by Newbabyaug1309 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• oh i had a very full bladder and they had to do the internal ultrasound so i go t to go pee:) I think the picture they sent was the one that was the first outer one(hopefully)
    Newbabyaug1309

Answer by Newbabyaug1309 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ya they could not even get the heart beat from me either. My doctor told me that it was 100% normal. I went back in 4 weeks and sure enough my baby was there. and so was her little heart beat! I think I was about 5 or 6 weeks when this happened. It could just be too early to tell....
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You don't have anything to worry about! It's probably the tech that took the pics, sometmes they do not get good shots or they didn't take good measurments. I had a scare at 6 weeks, the doc told me that the babys hearbeat wasn't fast enough..I cried daily. He turned out fine though.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i went to the doc when i was i believe 7wks 3days and all they could see was the sac no baby but it was nothing i am now 8 months pregnate with so far a healthy baby!
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 2:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008