i might have to have a leep procedure plz help me

I was told that i have pre cancer on my crevic and i had a bioapsy. i have tranfered doc's and they want to do a leep or another bioapsy! they said more than likley it will be the leep after the bioapsy i was cramping and bleding bad and just felt bad for about 4 days. if someone knows can you plz tell me all you can about during and after this is done?? i am only 23 i scared how bad is "pre cancer"? i also have crevical displasia is that bad? will this be over after i have the leep done??
plz help me with this!!

sarabeth347

Asked by sarabeth347 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Health

• I had the same thing happen to me earlier this year. It's a small surgery, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes and went home soon after I woke up. The surgery went fine, and I had some pain after wards but it wasn't horrible. They will give you some meds after if you ask for them. After the surgery 6 months later they did a pap and I was all clear. I hope everything works out for you. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have had 2 leep procedures done.. I am 22 I was told the same thing.. U are put to sleep for the procedure, you have some bleeding after words and not to have sex for a while after words either.. I was worried about pregnancy..But they take only the amount that has to be taken off the cervix.. my Doc didn't get it all the first time so had to go back and get it all the 2nd time..It Had no effect on carrying a baby.. i have 2 and pregnant for a 3rd time,, I am sure you will be fine.. trust in God:o) if there are any other questions feel free to message me!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 1:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It is fairly common to have pre cancerous cells. I had them after having my oldest at 19. I didn't have a leep done, I had my cervix frozen. My best friend also had pre cancerous cells about a year later.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm 31, and I have3 had a history of abnormal paps due to HPV. However, last year they said that my cervical dysplasia had gotten just a little worse, so they had to decide between doing a leep and a cone biopsy. Both of these procedures remove a "layer" of tissue from the cervix. We chose to do a cone biopsy just to make sure we got it all (but in lower grades of dysplasia a leep will do just fine). I've gone back twice for paps now, every 6 months, and all has been completely normal. If your dysplasia is caused by HPV (which it probably is), then the leep has a good chance of removing the virus itself which will eliminate the dysplasia. Oh and the recovery time for me was only a few days, so it should be the same or less with a leep procedure. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I had the "pre cancer" cells also and they did a biopsy then was going to do a leep but I changed docs because I did not like how the doctor treated me and the new doc just froze my cervix and I have came back fine ever since. . the freezing wasn't painful at all and I am glad I didn't let her do a leep if something less invasive worked just as well
    Ladyslipr

Answer by Ladyslipr at 11:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2008