Should I cut off my baby's Grand father??

Here's the scoop! My son is 6 months old, he has met his grandfather (dad's dad) once when he was 3 weeks old. We had to take him in the car a half hour drive to see him, at my request..he didn't make an effort to see my son at all. My fiance work's with his father and his dad never asks to see his grandson, other then once, and my fiance replied by telling him to come when he want's he's always welcome! He since then has not made an effort at all, and doesn't even have plans to see him for xmas. All he's given us for the baby who is now 6 months old, is 100 buck's for a present when he was born, I should add this man's a millionaire and I'm not saying that just because he has "money" he literally has a few million and owns the business my fiance work's for him. xmas is here, and he's making no effort to see my son, and I don't know if he even has a present for him! What should I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm telling you from experience, let it go and just move on with your life. My hubby's dad will go out of way way to see my hubby's other siblings and kids, even go see their cousins and kids. Yes it is upsetting but we let it roll off our backs. You can't make someone do something because you don't feel it's right. Hell it isn't right.

Just because they are family by blood doesn't make them "family" Get it? Let him be a jerk if he wants. As for the other possible mother. All she would have to do it petition the court for paternity and it will be paid that way, not from your pocket. Sorry you all are going through that.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would just let it go. You can't cut him off because he has nothing to do with the baby anyway right? I would just leave the door open for him but not say anything negative. JMO, though.

My hubby's dad rarely see our kids and the door is open anytime if he chooses to come over.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No! You shouldnt cut him off... that is up to your fiance to communicate with his dad regarding the issue. Maybe he has some resentments towards you and his son? I mean that doesnt make it right for him to not want to see the grandchild. Do you know he is acting like a jackass?
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• further more, he is making no effort because he's going to Montreal...and here's the kicker!!! My fiance may have fathered a child with his ex, we don't know can't afford a DNA test YET...there was other guy's and she won't let my fiance see this child, so NO my fiance's not a dead beat dad...but the kicker as I mentioned is, his father see's this kid...takes her on weekend's once in a while prob at least once a month..and I'm sure she'll be seen for xmas or is getting something from him..but he hasn't seen my son, and doesn't try!!! AND HE SEE'S my fiance EVERY DAY at work I'm so angry I don't know what to do about this man!!! My son is missing out on his grand father because he's selfish!!!
    Anonymous

• ME AGAIN lol, he has met me 2x once at his wife's mother's funeral...we spoke about 10 word's total, he asked me when I'm due again...and also said hello, at his work when I stopped in with my fiance...he has no reason to dislike me..and he's NEVER been a father to his son, his step dad was always there for him though. This man doesn't have a good record with his son, so I'm thinking he's just toxic to my son anyways.....??
    Anonymous

• What it sound like your saying to me is. You want him to come see his grandchild, only to get money out of him,sense he is rich.

I think giving you a $100 was a lot of money. Would you be complaining about this if the grandpa was not rich?

Answer by louise2 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't give a shit about his money, we have never asked him for anything, his money mean's nothing...I don't want my son to not know him!!
    Anonymous

• does his wife see your son?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• the money doesn't matter as I said above...100 is what he carry's in his pocket, he threw it on his kitchen counter 2 week's before i was due..and told his son, to stop by his house..there's some money on the counter for him to get something for the baby..this was the first mention of his grandson on the way AT ALL other then asking my due date at a funeral!!
    Anonymous

• his wife does NOT see him at all, she is my fiance's step mother. She's never met my son at all or asked to.
    Anonymous